Connect with us

News

List Of Companies Boycotting Tucker Carlson May Influence Your Next Purchase

It’s happening to Fox News again. More than a dozen companies have announced they will either pull or suspend their advertising from Tucker Carlson’s Fox News show over comments about immigration he made last week.

Land Rover, IHOP, Ancestry.com, Just For Men, Minted, Smile Direct, Pacific Life, ScotteVest, Nerd Wallet, TD Ameritrade, Bowflex, CareerBuilder, Zenni and the Chase United MileagePlus Explorer card had as of Tuesday afternoon all released statements saying that they would no longer advertise on “Tucker Carlson Tonight.”

The exit from Carlson’s program came as liberal activists and organizations pressured companies to abandon the show.

Carlson is a popular conservative host who has made the subject of immigration bedrock to his program. The host made the comments that caused the advertiser’s decision on Thursday night. Carlson said that mass-immigration “makes our country poorer, and dirtier, and more divided.”

There was an initial backlash that included at least three advertisers pulling their commercials. Tucker defended those comments on his show Monday night. He showed images of trash left at the US-Mexico border and he argued that “huge swaths of the region are covered with garbage and waste” left behind by immigrants “that degrade the soil and kill wildlife.”

The Fox News host also said on Monday night that “the left” wants him to “shut up,” but that he would not because he was “not intimidated.”

In a statement on Tuesday afternoon, a Fox News spokesperson said, “We cannot and will not allow voices like Tucker Carlson to be censored by agenda-driven intimidation efforts from the likes of Moveon.org, Media Matters and Sleeping Giants.”

The Fox News spokesperson added, “While we do not advocate boycotts, these same groups never target other broadcasters and operate under a grossly hypocritical double standard given their intolerance to all opposing points of view.”

The Fox News spokesperson said that all of the advertisers were moving their commercials to other shows on the network and that as a result no revenue had been lost.

A few of the companies have released statements that suggest they would continue to run advertisements on the program.

This is not the first time Fox has had to deal with this kind of controversy. In April, more than a dozen companies said they would no longer advertise on Laura Ingraham’s show after Ingraham mocked David Hogg, a survivor of the Parkland school shooting who has become a vocal advocate for gun control.

And last year, another advertiser backlash hit Carlson’s predecessor on Fox News’ 8 p.m. hour, Bill O’Reilly. That boycott came after a New York Times report about settlements with women who alleged either sexual harassment or verbal abuse by O’Reilly.

Continue Reading
Advertisement
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CF