Fox News’ Chris Wallace said on Sunday that he was not comfortable playing the full video that President Trump tweeted of Ilhan Omar.
As reported by thehill.com
Fox News’ Chris Wallace said Sunday that he was not “comfortable” playing the entirety of a video President Trump tweeted Friday showing scenes from the 9/11 terrorist attack combined with remarks from Rep. Ilhan Omar (D-Minn.).
Wallace began playing the video before cutting it off.
“Now, that was the only five seconds we felt comfortable showing,” Wallace told White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders. “It goes on in a much worse way, of her seeming, no question about it, to minimize 9/11, and then horrible images from 9/11.”
“Why is the president comfortable putting out horrible images like that,” Wallace asked. “Does he worry at all about inciting violence against Muslims in general, or Ilhan Omar in specific?”
“Certainly nothing could be further from the truth,” Sanders responded. “The president is not trying to incite violence against anybody.”
The audio in the video was taken from a speaking event Omar did at the the Council on American-Islamic Relations (CAIR) last month, where she said “some people did something” in reference to the 9/11 attacks before explaining that some used the attack to advocate for taking away civil liberties from Muslim Americans.
Trump’s video immediately drew backlash from Democrats who said it was inciting violence against Omar.
What are your thoughts? Please share and comment with your opinions.